Monday, August 31, 2009

New Soap!

Recently, I made a soap batch using a new technique. It's made with beer. Why beer, you ask?

Good question! When I first heard of it, all I could think of was the stale beer smell, and of course, it didn't appeal to me. Somewhere along the line, however, I learned that beer contributed to great lather, and that it's often considered essential for a good shampoo bar. It's also pleasant smelling--really, even without added scent! I threw in some cornsilk and calendula for color. The beer of choice is a raspberry wheat beer brewed by Southern Tier Brewing Co. in Lakewood, NY, so I scented it in raspberry.

Try some today! It's even included in the August sale.

Emily and I will upload a couple of photos for your viewing.

On the garden front, the news is not so happy. My tomatoes fell victim to Late Tomato Blight. It wouldn't have been a great crop to begin with because the area they're planted in gets shadier every year, and because of the cold weather. Tomatoes like it warm. The Blight, however, was devastating to them. My cukes didn't do too badly, though, the peppers are OK, and I have some squash coming, so it's not all bad. Today, I cleaned up a fence garden along my front walk. I got some herbs such as strawberry leaves, lemon balm, and violet leaves to preserve and use, so I feel good about that. One more garden to tackle in the front, and we're ready to move to the back.


This week's AD


What's on special? Everything! Take 10% off of your order. Everything on the site or below is included, no minimum purchase. If that's not enough, I'll add a free bar of soap with any $25 purchase! Patchouli excluded. Just put 10% in the comments section or email me at beth@soapandgarden.com.

Not on my site are:

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Foaming Soap: Comes in scents listed on site. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.


Thanks for reading, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.