Monday, May 11, 2009

Beau Update and Spring Splendor


Spring Splendor is at its peak here in Rochester. The crabapples and Forsythia have already shed their flowers, but Magnolias, Flowering Quince, and my favorite, Redbud, are still wowing us with their beauty. As for bulb flowers, most of my Daffs have only leaves as reminders of their previous glory, but the tulips are beckoning a closer look.

As I walk around my yard, amazed and appalled at the proliferation of the dandelions (I know, they're good for us), I see old friends returning from previous years as well as perennials I planted last fall making their debut. All of these are exciting to me, but also very special are the lilacs.

Rochester, NY boasts the largest collection of Lilacs in the world, I am proud to announce. Whether it be tall or dwarf, red violet, lavender, pink, or white, you'll find it here. At least once during the festival you'll likely find us wandering around Highland Park, drinking in the heady scent. The park is home to many other wonderful types of vegetation, as well, and is well worth the effort to get there.

This is when I pity southerners, who can't grow the cold-loving lilacs. I admit that it's nice to have something on the warmer south!

In celebration of lilac month, I'd like to announce a sale.

It's Lilac Festival time in Rochester! The lilacs are in full bloom and are not only lovely, but are perfuming the air with their gorgeous scent. For the month of May, a free bar of Rochester Lilac soap will be included in any order of just $15 or more. If you don't have lilacs where you live, here is your chance to "stop and smell the lilacs."
Additional products in lilac scent include bath salts, bath milk, body spray, lotion, and liquid soap/shower gel.

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Limited Edition Soap: Lavender Patch, a lovely blend of lavender and patchouli. Very few bars left, $6.50 ea.
Foaming Soap: Comes in scents listed on site. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

Now, for Beau news: the kid is growing, still very cute, playful, and not housebroken. It seems that he'll be one of those little guys who is so ugly that he's cute, LOL. Check out the photos. His final name is Beau, btw, but I call him, "Beaudacious," because that describes his personality. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. All those lilacs! It must just smell like heaven. Here in MN our lilacs just finished up. Because of our drought-like May our lilacs were not at their best. Still,it's hard to beat the fragrance of any lilacs.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.