Monday, April 19, 2010

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers!


After a week of colder, rainier weather, we seem to be in for another week of sunshine. Temps are expected to be more seasonable, in the 60's, which will be good for the blossoming trees and flowers. And there are many blooming flowers and trees! We have yet to see tulips, but magnolias, Bradford Pears, Redbud (a personal favorite), and others are in their glory.

I watch my lilac bush every day, observing the flower cluster developing, anticipating that distinct scent when it blooms. Of course, I'm hoping it doesn't bloom before our Lilac Festival in mid-May! It's always more fun when the lilacs cooperate with the festival dates.

For my job, I am taking classes in floral design, so I am posting a picture of the two-tiered arrangement I made. What fun!

To continue on with my favorite oils, I'd like to feature a few of the ones I haven't mentioned yet--fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil, and rice bran oil.

Fractionated coconut oil is a unique one. The solids are removed, making it a colorless liquid. Besides containing many of the properties of coconut oil, it has the following benefits: it remains liquid, it lasts virtually forever, and it "glides" nicely for massage, with the added advantage of not staining sheets and clothing. Besides massage, I like using FCO for lotions, whipped body butter, body spray, and cream.

Jojoba Oil - Pronounced, "ho-ho'-ba," this oil is actually a wax pressed from the seeds of the jojoba plant, found in the US Southwest. Jojoba is closest to human sebum, and as such, is thought to help regulate the skin's natural oil flow, benefitting both oily and dry skin. I use it in a wide variety of products, such as creams and lotions, lip balm, moisturizer, and body spray.

Rice Bran Oil - A light oil which rarely elicits allergic reaction. It is high in vitamin E and many other antioxidants which benefit the skin. Women in Japan having been using RBO for centuries in their beauty treatments. I like to use it in soap and many cosmetics. Lotions and creams and lip balm, as well as hair products, are greatly improved by the addition of rice bran oil.


Now, on to business:

It's time for the April showers so we can have May flowers. It's also time to be showered with savings!

Make your own sale:

10% off of any 3 items
20% off of any 6 items
30% off of any 9 items
~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scents include: Lavender*, Gingered Orange, Lilac Breeze, Groovy Patchouli*, Black Raspberries & Vanilla, Shea Flower, Mint Medley*, Sultry Sandalwood Vanilla, Fresh Clean Herbs, and Spun Sugar. (*essential oil)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not on my site, but available by contacting me are:

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - just $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Foaming Soap: Comes in the seasonal Apple Pie, plus Gingered Orange, Summer Tropical, and Lavender. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

You must email me to get the savings. Simply mention: April Showers B.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.