Sunday, May 23, 2010

HSMG Convention

I was fortunate to have attended the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild annual conference in Denver, CO. Not only was it my first trip to Denver, but it was my first HSMG conference, as well.

I have to say that it was a terrific experience from beginning to end. Well, I could do without the flying, but even that was without incident.

Keynote speaker was Carol Moseley Braun, "a recovering politician," as she describes herself. Her address was very inspiring, as she is an accomplished woman from humble beginnings.

We then were offered sessions on soapmaking techniques to business to the science of soapmaking.

It was hard to make choices as to which one to attend! I attended one by Ann-Marie of Brambleberry, on liquid soapmaking. While I've made quite a few batches of LS, I wanted to see what she had to offer, and am excited about trying out thickening my soap with salt water instead of borax. This will be a great thing for those, as few they may be, who are sensitive to borax.

Stay tuned. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.