Monday, February 23, 2009

February is almost over




I am not a fan of February, Valentine's Day notwithstanding. In spite of its mere 28 or 29 days, it drags on and on. It's cold, people are sick, and it's dreary. Historically, Feb. has not treated my family well, it seems, or maybe it's just my own bleak outlook. I remember years back when two of my kids had chicken pox for the first two weeks, and the other two had them for the second two weeks. Four years ago this week, we had to put our dog, Riley, down because of chronic health problems. Friday, we had to put down one of our beloved kitties, Fred.

Fred looked like a Siamese cat, but his mother was a commoner, and so were the rest of the kittens in this litter. I wasn't looking for a cat, but when I heard he was Siamese, I changed my mind.

We were never sorry we got Fred because he was such a sweet, lovable, mellow guy, and very handsome. It was hard making the decision to put him down, but we didn't want him to suffer just so we could have him longer, so we opted not to go ahead with medical procedures and let him go. We are taking comfort in the fact that his suffering did not last long and we have many happy memories of him hanging out with the dogs, looking for lovin', and enjoying my gardens.

He will be missed.

In celebration of the fact that February is on its last leg, I'd like to offer a sale. Here it is:
End of February sale! It's February, it's cold, your skin is dry. You need something heavy-duty to bring back the moisture and make your skin supple again. Buy an 8 oz. jar of whipped body butter and get a free bar of soap!

Please email me or leave, "Feb.Butter" in the comments section to get your free bar.

Not on site, but available:
Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Limited Edition Soap: Lavender Patch, a lovely blend of lavender and patchouli. Very few bars left, $6.50 ea.

Visit
http://www.soapandgarden.com/ today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.