Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day & Super Bowl

Super Bowl - I am a poor football fan, I must confess. In fact, I chose to root for the Cardinals because I liked their colors better than the Steelers'--pathetic, I know. We all went to our computer shop to watch because we have a huge t.v. screen there. So, I watched. It was a good, close game, to be sure, and I found myself disappointed that my team didn't win.

On to the other big happening of winter. . .

Was it any surprise that Punxatawney Phil forecast 6 more weeks of winter? It certainly wasn't for me, even though I am ready for spring! Still, we in northern climes have to think long and hard about what we like about winter. Here is what I came up with:

*Being inside, hopefully cuddled with a hubby, child, or pet and maybe even a roaring fire.
*Looking through seed and plant catalogs and dreaming about a lovely, lush garden without doing all the work.
*Working on new formulas or products, or perfecting formulas for what I already make. Since I love to produce and experiment, this truly is a delightful time.

I've been working on a body exfoliating scrub, and have made some I like and others I don't like as much. By spring, I hope to have my final product ready to unveil. My most recent one stays solid in the jar, but scoops out easily, feels great on my skin, and lathers just a tiny bit. I like that it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, just moisturized. This one includes sea salt, organic sugar, oils, milk powder, and oat powder, as the major ingredients. Sound good?

Groundhog day special: Get a free bottle of lotion with a $25.00 purchase! Of course, shipping doesn't count as part of the $30. Your choice of fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.