Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall is Here!

Those of you who love autumn, your time has arrived! It's getting colder, especially at night. The leaves are turning, and indeed, falling, apples have edged out many summer fruits at farmers' markets and grocery stores, and we are putting away shorts and tanks in favor of long sleeves and jeans. Like many others, I am involved in harvesting and preserving herbs for winter use. Some I use for culinary purposes, while others are for my family's home remedies. I've made elderberry tincture, syrup, and cordial, which has already been put to use by sick kids. I hate to think about what kind of winter we'll have in regards to sickness, but I plan to do all I can to keep everyone healthy. I have to say that the elderberry/apple crisp was just delicious, and worth repeating, for sure.

In addition to my culinary and remedy activities, I enjoy preserving and using many herbs for my soap and bath and body products, as well as household products. Some herbs provide cosmetic benefits, while others give us color or other benefits. I find this aspect of what I do to be engrossing and just a lot of fun. Thinking about new and even repeating "old" products for that my customers makes it even more fun!

We are having trouble with our card reader, so I still don't have pictures to post. I'll certainly update the blog once they're up, though.



Fall Fun Sale! Since autumn has arrived, I'd like to feature some products to celebrate it:

Soap: Apple Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice, Toasted Vanilla, and Cinnamon & Sugar. They each have goodies like real apple and cinnamon! $6/bar.
Room Spray: see the above scents. 4 oz./$8.

Not on my site are:

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Foaming Soap: Comes in scents listed on site. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

Please read my blog to catch up on recent herbal and floral adventures!

Thanks for reading, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.