Monday, October 5, 2009

October is here in earnest!

Fall is here, without a doubt! I'm feeling the urgency to get things finished before my garden is ready for rest.

We were at Genesee Country Museum on Saturday, and there was a vendor there for native plants and herbs. Naturally, I bought a couple of them. One was Geranium macalatum, which I may already have, but bought just in case. . . The other was Monarda fistulosa. I know I don't have that one. So, I have two more plants to get in the ground! I hope to get a few nice days soon that coincide with my schedule. I'm sure other gardeners can identify with that!

I felt very fortunate, also, to have found 4 cukes in my garden! I thought their season was over, so I stopped checking, but just happened upon them. I made soap with cucumber, aloe juice, and mint. Which brings me to my challenge. Send me a name for this soap and your address, and I'll send you some soap! I will take the first five entries, at least. Keep in mind that I want to emphasize the "cool" part of the cucumber. Of course, you'll want to send me your entry and addy privately, not as a public comment on the blog. Send it to beth@soapandgarden.com.

Last week's sale still applies throughout the month, but the contest ends on Thursday.

Fall Fun Sale! Since autumn has arrived, I'd like to feature some products to celebrate it:

Soap: Apple Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice, Toasted Vanilla, and Cinnamon & Sugar.

They each have goodies like real apple and cinnamon! $6/bar.

Room Spray: see the above scents. 4 oz./$8.

Not on my site are: Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.

Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00

Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7

Foaming Soap: Comes in scents listed on site and fall scents. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

Enjoy fall while we have it! Winter comes all too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.