Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sobering Times

As a departure from my normal light and informational banter, this post is serious, and there is no ad today.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, but I just felt that it would be inappropriate, given the circumstances.




The earthquake in Japan has jolted many of us awake.  No longer are we completely lost in our lives, successfully ignoring the rest of the world.  Yes, we saw and prayed for the other recent earthquake victims and other events, but the magnitude of this one in Japan just won't be overlooked or forgotten, even temporarily.  If you're like me, you're simply overwhelmed by what's happened, by so many losing their lives, families being torn apart, losing everything suddenly, the fear for the nuclear plants, and more.  It seems like nothing we can do is enough to help.

Now, this is where it gets personal.  What I will say is who I am and what I believe.  I know not all share it, and my intent is not to offend, but as the saying goes, "it is what it is."

The only hope I have is that even with all of this, God is in control and the Japanese people are in His hands.  He loves them.  My prayer is that God will show Himself to the survivors and that they will come to know Him, and that people from around the world will demonstrate that love by giving of themselves to help.

Monetary help is of course, at the top of our minds, knowing that it will be expensive to get help to the people,  Nevertheless, billions of dollars are worthless without actual bodies going to help feed, clothe, protect, clean up, and rebuild, and prayer is always the most powerful action of all.

What can you do?  What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.