Monday, July 26, 2010

Sadness & Joy

I had been busy getting ready for the upcoming CNY Bubbles & Blazes Gathering. It's both stressful and fun for me to plan an event and execute the details in getting there, step by step.

Immersed in my preparations, I was floored just a short time ago to receive an email from Abbie, informing me of the death of Kim Hughes, a fellow b&b artisan. This news really stopped me in my tracks. Kim was young and full of personality. We all enjoyed her at our gatherings, with her southern accent and witty comments. To hear of her passing was surprising and sad.

What can we learn from this? A couple of things that came to mind for me were these:

Most importantly, what is your eternal destiny? Do you know? I believe with all my heart that Jesus died for my sins, died, and rose again so that I had the opportunity to accept that and be forgiven. He did that for anyone who will choose Him.

While we're still here, live like you won't always be here. Love other people, don't carry grudges, forgive others and yourself, work hard and have fun, hug your children, live a life that you don't regret, make sure your life is going in the right direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know that Monday is usually my day to post my sale, but it just wouldn't be right to post it today. Please see my last post if you need anything and please check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.