Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting Ready for Summer Fun--What You Need to Know


  • I hope this isn't a topic that's a turn-off. My hope is, rather, that it will serve as helpful advice to my female readers.


    Awhile ago, I read something interesting. It was a short piece explaining how, over the winter, dead skin cells build up in the armpit area. The result being that come summer, aka sleeveless season, if you look at your underarms, you'll see a darkened area where those cells are caught up in your deodorant or anti-perspirant. Not too attractive, is it? The article I read claimed that this was a particular concern of blonde-haired women, but I think it probably applies to others, as well.


    What's the answer? Fortunately, it's quite simple. Give that area a good cleaning and some good exfoliation. I use soap with "scrubbies," such as a salt bar or something with seeds or pumice. Additionally, a good shower scrub, such as my Shower Glow (I know, a shameless plug) will make this an easy task.


    Use it once or a few times, and you'll be ready for tank tops!



    Now, if the weather would just cooperate.



Yes, the April Showers have arrived in my region, and even though warm, sunny days are more to my liking, I take hope in the adage, "April showers bring May flowers."
I'm celebrating by offering you a  Shower of Savings!

5% off purchases $20 - $30
10% off purchases $31 - $40
15% off purchases $41 - $50
20% off purchases $51 & over
(before shipping totals)


Save on everything for the month of April.


Soap scents include: Lavender*, Gingered Orange, Lilac Breeze, Groovy Patchouli*, Black Raspberries & Vanilla, Rice Flower, Mint Medley*, Sultry Sandalwood Vanilla, Fresh Clean Herbs, Spun Sugar, Daybreak* (spearmint & eucalyptus), Oatmeal, Milk & Honey in scented or no scent added, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Midnight Merlot, Peppermint Breeze*, Cucumber Mint*, Biergarten,  Busy Bee, and Rice Flower.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not on my site, but available: Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - just $2/ea. Liquid shower gel: Natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00;  8 oz.  $11 -  In any scent listed above. Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7; 8 oz., $12Foaming Soap: Comes in the seasonal Apple Pie, plus Gingered Orange, Summer Tropical, Lavender, and any other scent I sell. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.



Look for Soap and Garden on Facebook!  We just love gardeners!


http://www.SoapAndGarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.