Monday, November 9, 2009

More thankfulness







It's my youngest daughter's birthday! I am thankful to have given birth to a healthy girl, and to have raised her to the ripe old age of 14. She is full of life, a real drama queen, really. She is a great person to have around when you're feeling tongue-tied, because she is never speechless. Well, it may have happened once, but I can't remember for sure. Her siblings and I hatched an elaborate plan for how we'd give her the gift we'd gotten. We had her convinced that she wasn't getting one for her birthday while we were planning to buy one all along. We decided that after dinner, we'd have her open a couple of smaller gifts and then move on to the cake business. At that time, Ethan, her brother, would call her new phone that had surreptitiously been placed by the computer she uses. In our busyness, we'd send Megan to get the phone. Once she found it, she'd see that it didn't belong to us, and would realize that it was hers. The plan went off without a hitch, and her reaction was priceless! Truly "America's Funniest Videos" worthy, as a matter of fact. That reminds me that there was a hitch--ds forgot to bring the video recorder home. Anyway, Megan came back into the kitchen, cellphone in hand, asking whose it was. We were all smiling big, me with the camera pointed at her face to capture her reaction. It was then she realized the phone was hers and she shrieked, started crying, and collapsed, "I have a cell phone!" This went on for several minutes before she calmed down enough to actually check it out. This, I think, was one of the best birthday reactions ever in our home. Thus, I am thankful not only for Megan, for the success of her gift, but for my family, showing their love in making things special for her. There's nothing like the love of a family.

What are you thankful for?

My Thankfulness sale continues, get a free bar of soap with ANY purchase! Just leave a comment on the blog what you're thankful for, and you're eligible.

Not on my site are:
Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.

Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4

Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7

Foaming Soap, just in time for the holidays: Lavender, Apple Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice, and Gingered Orange. I have a couple bottles left of Tropical Summer for you tropical die-hards. It's a pineapple based scent. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.


I'm also posting photos of Megan's birthday and a photo display entitled, "November Flowers," the last few flowers in my gardens that have escaped the frost to send out their last blooms. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to rearrange the photos, so they are in backwards order. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.