Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week





Thanksgiving is truly one of my favorite holidays. It's all about thankfulness, family, and food. I serve a very traditional meal, almost exactly as my mother did, and that's the way we prefer it.

Reading magazines and watching cooking segments on tv, there's always a twist on an old favorite or a new dish to make. Many of them look delicious, and might be good to try some other time, but not on Thanksgiving. If I made a meal with new dishes or barely recognizable old ones, I would not be a popular person! This is one day where we're not looking for novel, we're looking for tradition.

Why? I think it's because tradition is comforting. It serves a purpose in providing us with security and a set remembrance of whatever there's a tradition for. Our Thanksgiving traditions link us in several ways. It links us with our relatives, even between generations, with friends and acquaintances who share our dinner table, and even with the rest of society, as we join together in taking this day to do the same thing. We gather together to spend time with those who matter most to us, by sharing our homes and food.

I thank God this year for my husband, my three kids who are still living at home, and my dear friend, Janet, all of whom will be, Lord willing, at our dinner table on Thursday. Maybe they'll help with the dishes!

To explain the posted pictures: The first is Beau, my Peek-a-Poo who was just groomed. Look at that underbite!
The 2nd is the bath salt tubes I just finished. Only $4 each! Scented in Sugary Spruce, Sweet Snowflakes, and Cranberry Spice.
The 3rd is Roseberry Bath Whip. Decadent, but don't eat it! It has salt, sugar, and raspberry seeds for exfoliation.
The last is the beeswax ornaments I made recently. They are scented, and only $2 each. Make your tree or car smell good, or hang in a window to scent the room.

Since November is the official month for giving thanks to God for our abundance, I'd like to encourage us to remember what we're thankful for. Therefore, anyone who reads my blog and leaves a comment about what they're thankful for will receive a free bar of soap with any purchase! I do reserve the right to halt the sale if I need to, but I plan on running it through November.
In addition, at the end of the month, I will draw from the names of anyone who has commented on my blog and purchased from me, for a free box of gifts! Start thinking of Christmas giving.

Note: I am closed from Nov. 25 - Nov. 28, but any orders received during that time period are eligible for the special.


Not on my site are:

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Foaming Soap: Comes in the seasonal Apple Pie, plus Gingered Orange, Summer Tropical, and Lavender. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.