Monday, November 2, 2009

Giving thanks

It seems that we are so quick to complain and so quick to worry about what we don't have. I am far too often guilty of that, and I know I'm not alone.

Since November is the month of thanksgiving, I've decided to concentrate on things I'm thankful for--things I have instead of what I don't have.

First, I live in a wealthy nation and have material abundance that people in many other countries can't even imagine. Even the poorest among us have much in comparison. Furthermore, I am thankful that I am living in a country where my basic physical needs can be met. I am not starving and I have a roof over my head.

Secondly, I and my family are generally safe. I spend the day in my home and yard without fear for my safety. I go to work or to run errands, and outside of some practical considerations, like driving carefully, do not go in fear.

Our country is mostly safe. We are not living in the middle of a war as do many other families are, never knowing when the next hit will come. Yes, there are terrorists who came and rocked our world and who will attempt to do so again, but it doesn't haunt my every moment.

We still have freedoms here. I can say and do what I want, within reason, and pursue the kind of dreams I have for myself, and my children can pursue theirs. I can believe what I want to, politically, philosophically, and religiously. Tomorrow, I'll be voting with so many others across our country, for political offices. I show up at the polling place, show my i.d., sign my name, and go into the booth and vote. It's that easy.

At the outset, I had no intention of making this a patriotic piece for the USA, but that's where it went. I have more, of course, and will add to the list daily, or almost daily, and I hope you do, too! You don't have to live in the USA to do so, either, LOL, and my posts will cover all kinds of areas, so keep reading.

Now, for the gimmick. I want to encourage you to be thankful, also; so, I'm running a special offer this week. Leave a comment on something you're thankful for, and you'll get a free bar of soap with any purchase! It's just a little more fun this way. :-) Even if you don't make a purchase, I hope you'll participate by commenting. Oh, by the way, if I have to halt the sale because I'm going broke, I officially reserve the right to do so. My plan is to continue the sale through Nov. 8, however.

Not on my site are:

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: All natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7
Foaming Soap: Comes in scents listed on site. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

1 comment:

  1. I am so totally thankful to be done with cancer treatments. I am so thankful that at this time there is no sign of cancer in my body. And that I can be enjoying this wonderful Florida vacation instead of going to doctor's appointments 3 or 4 times a week.

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.