Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday/Cyber Monday - What are you doing?

It's probably poor marketing, but I'm going to do it anyway.  I'm going to complain about American consumerism and Black Friday, which is enough, but is now moving into Thanksgiving Thursday.

We need hospitals on Thanksgiving.  We need police and fire fighters.  One could make a case for drug stores and even supermarkets for at least part of the day.  We do not need department stores, and I am appalled at how many more are open on Thanksgiving each year.  This date was set aside for US citizens to stop their daily activities, gather together with loved ones, and to be thankful, not to go shopping.  I fear, however, that Thanksgiving Day will become just another Black Friday, the thanks part, all but forgotten.  

I understand the importance of Black Friday and selling and buying.  My son has a computer biz and I have my biz, both of which depend on sales.  I've worked in retail for a few years now, and that brings even more understanding of profit and marketing, so I am not ignorant, but I have to say that the feeding frenzy in stores seems to show off the worst in us, and I am not proud of that part of being an American.  

We all know that this is the season for buying, and there are few of us whose spending does not increase from pre-Thanksgiving until the after-Christmas sales.  It's part of our culture, but let us not forget to be kind to others, love one another, see the big picture, and  be good to ourselves and our families down the road.

Let's put reason back into the season! 

What are your thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cinnamon Apple Soap

Pumpkin 'n Spice Soap

Now that I've put everyone off, LOL, here are my offerings for Black Friday - Cyber Monday specials.  Order from now until Monday at midnight, only, to get these specials.

Order $10 - $25 in product and get one product ($6/under) of your choice, free!
Order $26 - $50 in product and get two products ($6/under) of your choice, free!
Or:
Order a gift set from $35 and up and get the set upgrade, free!  No charge for container and packaging.
Order $70 and up get free shipping!
*All offers are before shipping.  Specials cannot be combined.
**In addition, each order will receive an extra full size product, regardless of the order size

Just think:  shop in comfort and have your gifts delivered.  Easier on you, and handmade, too!
 New 8 oz. lotion!  Winter is coming, and so is the need to moisturize your skin.  Do it with our larger size lotion.  Scents include:  Love My Lavender, Sultry Sandalwood Vanilla, Spun Sugar, Gingered Orange, and  Honey Good (with honey)!


Soap scents include: Lavender*, Gingered Orange, Lilac Breeze, Groovy Patchouli*, Black Raspberries & Vanilla, Rice Flower, Mint Medley*, Sultry Sandalwood Vanilla, Fresh Clean Herbs, Spun Sugar, Daybreak* (spearmint & eucalyptus), Oatmeal, Milk & Honey in scented or no scent added, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Midnight Merlot, Peppermint Breeze*, Cucumber Mint*, Biergarten,  Honey Good, and Rice Flower.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not on my site:

Herbal Bath Teas: Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Purely Herbal Blend, Four Milk Blend, and Relaxation Blend - just $2/ea.
Liquid shower gel: Natural. 2 oz. for $4; 4 oz. $6.00;  8 oz.  $11 -  In any scent listed above. (see special above)
Lotion: Hand and body lotion - 4 oz, $7; 8 oz., $12
Foaming Soap: Comes in the seasonal Apple Pie, plus Gingered Orange, Summer Tropical, Lavender, and any other scent I sell. Just $7/bottle for 6 fl. oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you.